Dynamelt™ M Series
The Dynamelt M Series hot melt adhesive supply units (ASU) are computer-controlled hot-melt supply units designed on metric standards. Their control panels, with choice of display languages, provide comparative data of all set points, motors, etc. on a few convenient, comprehensive display screens. The Dynamelt M features our patented No-Char, Melt-On-Demand System.
The Dynamelt M Series are available in three cabinet sizes and offer four hopper sizes. Our microprocessor temperature closely controls the temperature of hot melt adhesive for up to 4 hoses and 4 heads. Temperature set points are operator-selected for up to 16 zones and the system automatically provides warnings and alarms for operator errors and system malfunctions.
The Dynamelt system provides accurate, proportionate temperature control for the hopper, hoses and applicators. Sequential heating delays may be programmed for turn-on of the hose and heads. With these flexible temperature programming features, the Dynamelt system increases adhesive life by eliminating prolonged high adhesive temperatures. It reduces energy consumption and brings the system up to normal operating temperatures in the shortest possible time.
• Up to 4 separate adjustable melting zonesp
• Melts only the adhesive demanded by the application
• First-in First-out melting process
• Adhesive degradation is virtually eliminated
• Adhesive charring is virtually eliminated Smoke/fumes are virtually eliminated
• Extends adhesive life and performance
• 7 year Melt-On-Demand grid warranty
• Four hopper sizes available in single and dual configurations
• Additional melt grids can be added upon request
• Durable precision gear pumps
Most suppliers will agree that adhesive degradation is the number one cause of downtime on hot melt equipment. To address this problem, ITW Dynatec has patented a “Melt-on-Demand” system. ITW Dynatec’s vertical, unheated hoppers only melt the amount of adhesive required by the application. Most of the hot melt adhesive in the hopper remains at a much lower temperature, perhaps even solid state. The added benefits of melting only the adhesive required are quicker start-ups, reduced energy costs, better viscosity control, and reduced fumes.
Melt-on-Demand Hopper• Less Energy Consumption – The Dynamelt uses less energy than conventional equipment by heating only the adhesive in the lower portion of the hopper. There is no need to waste energy and manufacturing time melting/maintaining the entire contents of the hopper.
• Operator Safety> – The adhesive in the top of the hopper remains in a cooler, often solid state and reduces the operator’s potential for burns. Also, adhesive splash-back when filling the hopper is reduced.
• Faster System-Ready – The Dynamini Series does not have to melt all of the adhesive, so it is ready for operation much faster than conventional equipment.
• Adhesive Degradation is Greatly Reduced –By only melting the required amount of adhesive, the common problem of charring is minimized. When adhesive is replenished using conventional equipment, the solid, more dense adhesive falls to the bottom of the hopper causing older glue to move to the top of the hopper. By doing this, adhesive is subject to longer heat exposure which is one of the main causes of char. This does not happen with Melt-On-Demand. The molten glue at the bottom of the hopper is used first. Another important benefit is that all of the heat is applied at the bottom of the hopper using Melt-On-Demand, so char build-up on the side walls of the hopper is minimized.
• Reduced Maintenance – With Melt-On-Demand, equipment maintenance will be reduced. Frequency of Periodic hopper draining to purge char is greatly reduced, and filter and nozzle clogging will be reduced as well.
• Seven-Year Hopper Warranty